February is always a bit of a lengthy, slow month to me. It's the last step in the bridge towards spring and most often I want to jump over it and get on with things. Valentine's day comes mid-month, filled with hearts and love, but is quickly forgotten as fast as the chocolates can be devoured.
February is kinda like a Tuesday. Tuesdays are probably my least favorite day of the work week. Not the first day, not the middle, not the next to the last or the last work day. Just Tuesday. Tuesday used to be the worse night of television as well, but at least now it has Glee.
I'm ready to get outside, sit by the sidelines at soccer practice and check my flowers for new buds. Ready to open the windows and let the cool air in and drive home from work with the sun still high in the sky.
I know I shouldn't rush time along but should enjoy every second I'm given. So, I'm trying to do that by living in the moment and being appreciative for February.
So I've gathered some facts about February, to help remember why I should like this month and what makes it special:
- February Holidays include Groundhog's Day, Valentine's Day and President's Day. (Probably never heard those three things mentioned in a sentence together have you?)
- It's the shortest month of the year. (Maybe that's why it's so forgettable)
- February is Black History Month
- February 21st is Love Your Pet Day
- The SuperBowl and the Oscars typically occur in February.