Monday, January 3, 2011

Office Space

And now for another update on my never-ending renovation of the previous bedroom now playroom/office space.

I've finally finished the small office area of the room and I'm excited about how it turned out. I took a lot of inspiration from online resources and blogs, but was careful to truly make it a space of my own. This picture was taken last night, after the last little touch had been added to my new space.

Inspiration:

- I fell in love with this shelving idea from John and Sherry at Young House Love and knew I wanted to somehow incorporate it into my room when I saw it on their blog last summer. I lined my shelves with pictures and items to remind me of the past year, along with a metro map from our recent trip to New York and a print from my Etsy shop. I'm thinking of adding one additional shelf above the existing one to give me more space to play with, but as you know, I'm slow.

- I followed the directions here for the small chevron canvas behind my laptop and really happy with the results. I knew I wanted to add some sort of chevron accent to this area, and I love the silver and yellow together.

- My Walmart parsons table and black chair from my dining table work perfect together, as well as my TJ Maxx lamp, bought in the clearance section for only $9.99. I love a great bargain, especially when it looks this expensive!

- I picked up my yellow owl bank at Urban Outfitters and have found that store to by my new go-to for quirky and colorful home accessories. Check them out if you have one - very similar items to Anthropologie at just a fraction of the cost!



So, what do you guys think? Thought I'd never make any more progress on my never-ending room renovation? Seen any cool small but stylish office spaces you'd like to share?
Pin It

7 comments:

  1. love it! it looks great! that little yellow owl is adorable and i will have to make myself a chevron print soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's beautiful, but where/how/when do you find the time!???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dang girl! You are like part-amazing-decorator-part-amazing-photographer! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks so cool! Love the lamp! I turned my office space into a vanity.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you all think! Thanks for visiting and let me know you were here!