Friday, January 14, 2011
If you remember, a while back, I showed you this idea I found on a fabulous blog called Knight Moves:
I fell in love with the idea because I'd been struggling with curtains for this room. I just couldn't find the right print and color I wanted without paying a fortune for custom window treatments. I fell in love with it even more when I read that this awesome print was a duvet from Walmart, for only $29.99. Seriously, I couldn't get to Walmart.com fast enough and order one for myself.
When I got it, I opened it up and felt the fabric, expecting something cheap and thin, but it actually felt pretty good for the price.
So, once I finally got the walls and floors done, I opened up my duvet and stared at it for a while. I was scared to cut it, to do anything with it quite frankly. But I figured hey, if I mess it up, I can afford another one.
I started with the seams, ripping the top and bottom of the duvet apart, stitch by stitch. Then, I ironed the edges of the seams down, folded it in half and ironed a line down the middle, then cut it in half right on the line.
And there you have it. My very own window mistreatments, as The Nester would refer to them.
Labels: Window mistreatments