I've been trying to catch my "deeper" thoughts as they pass through my head, to try to nail them down in words. Evidently, they move too fast for me to catch, or I just don't have that many deep thoughts.
My life is mostly consumed of what's coming next, being prepared for the next meeting, the next drive, the next morning, the next meal. I don't have time to have deep thoughts.
These are the thoughts I could remember from today:
-I wonder where J.K. Rowling got her necklace from (the one she was wearing on the Oprah interview) and how much it cost? I like it cause it's funky and different.
- Is that hamburger in the refrigerator still good, or has it expired?
- Do I have anything for Walker to take to school tomorrow for lunch? Oh good, tomorrow is hot lunch day, which means I don't have to make a PB&J sandwich in the morning to go with lunch, which means I may be able to sleep two minutes extra.
- I'm hungry.
- I really like Belk's new logo and tag line: Modern. Southern. Style. I love the fact they are embracing their southern roots.
- What the heck do you wear to a Bat Mitzvah? I'm going to my first one this weekend and have not a clue.
- I really like that new song "King of Anything". But I know if I add it to my iTunes I'll listen to it a million times and get sick of it in about a day.
- Walker's frogs died when we changed their water four days ago. I threw them out but I haven't told him yet. Waiting for him to notice they are gone, which he hasn't yet. I feel guilty, but I'm thinking this is the best thing for all of us. Except the frogs of course, may they rest in peace.
- I want to see that new movie "The Social Network", except Mike would rather cut his throat. I'll probably have to wait for the DVD.
- I still love Justin Timberlake. He and Jimmy Falon were great last week. I need to watch that again on YouTube.
So, that's just a random sampling of what I thought about today, in addition to all of the work stuff, which I don't really talk about on the blog, as not to be Dooced. I don't typically consider myself shallow, but really? Is that all I could come up with for today?
What are you shallow thoughts for the day?